A memorial?

Posted by Helen Friday, March 06, 2009

The Conservative History Group has received the following e-mail from an obviously keen young member of the party:

To whom it may concern,

I am an 18 year old Conservative Party member and have for some time been lobbying my local authority - Stockton Borough Council - in the hopes of creating some form of commemoration to Harold Macmillan, in recognition for his services to Stockton (which he served as MP 1924-9; 1931-45) and the Country as a whole. Recently the council have accepted and examined my nomination. I was wondering wether you have any information on Harold Macmillan in relation to Stockton that may assist in creating an appropriate form of commemoration e.g. place of residence etc. Any information would be extremely appreciated.

Regards

Marcus Vickers

Anyone with information can send it to the blog or to Marcus directly on elmarko5_at_hotmail.com.

The CHG will be watching developments with interest and reporting on them as and when they happen.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. I am working on a PhD about political commemoration and would be very interested to know more about this campaign. I tried to email Marcus directly but it bounced. My email address is e.robinson_at_gold.ac.uk. I would be very glad to hear from him.
    Kind regards
    Emily Robinson

     
  3. Helen Says:
  4. Mea culpa. I put the address up wrong. It should be elmarko5_at_hotmail.com. I have sent him yours, Emily and shall now correct it on the posting as well. I hope that one way or another the two of you do communicate. Sorry about that.

     
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Labels

Counters




Blog Archive